What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Feed allergen management

Started by , Sep 16 2022 03:09 PM
3 Replies

Hi All,

I work in a pig slaughter plant and sometimes we do feed the received pigs in our barn if they come in late before being slaughtered. The feed we feed them with do contain wheat which is an allergen. My question is, what recommendations are out there to manage this feed/allergen eaten by our pigs before they get slaughtered. We do have process controls once the slaughtered pigs are processed but I am wondering whether I might be missing something at the barn area.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GMP Plus - Feed Production Checklist Category selection for minerals and feed supplements in FSSC V5.1? Propane forklifts allowed in storage and distribution for animal feed? Rework/ReBlend-Feed aged material into newer product Manufacture of Poultry, Livestock and Fish Feed HACCP
[Ad]

you are not

provided the evisceration process is contained, and the carcasses are thoroughly washed, you should not have to worry about this

are you required to feed them?  Surprised your feeding day before slaughter is all (considering it sounds like hours)

you are not

provided the evisceration process is contained, and the carcasses are thoroughly washed, you should not have to worry about this

are you required to feed them?  Surprised your feeding day before slaughter is all (considering it sounds like It is r

Under Canadian regulatory standards, it is required  to provide food, rest and water to pigs when they haven't had it after 28hours. It is for that reason we feed them.

Under Canadian regulatory standards, it is required  to provide food, rest and water to pigs when they haven't had it after 28hours. It is for that reason we feed them.

Similar Discussion Topics
GMP Plus - Feed Production Checklist Category selection for minerals and feed supplements in FSSC V5.1? Propane forklifts allowed in storage and distribution for animal feed? Rework/ReBlend-Feed aged material into newer product Manufacture of Poultry, Livestock and Fish Feed HACCP BRCGS - Animal Feed Policy Animal Feed Generic HACCP plan Safe Food - Safe Feed Certification Transitioning To BRC Certification Non-Conforming Product - Scrap sent to Animal Feed? Feed Additive refer Brunei and Phillippines