What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What could be the cause of candy samples tested positive for staphylococcus aureus?

Started by , Sep 21 2022 12:55 PM
6 Replies

In a press conference on June 16, 2015, FDA announced that the candy samples were tested positive for staphylococcus aureus, a bacteria commonly found on human skin.

What would be the real cause of contamination???

Your thoughts and suggestions please

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Sales samples labelling Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples?
[Ad]

In a press conference on June 16, 2015, FDA announced that the candy samples were tested positive for staphylococcus aureus, a bacteria commonly found on human skin.

What would be the real cause of contamination???

Your thoughts and suggestions please

Hi Ash,

Are you working for a Newspaper ? :smile:

2 Likes1 Thank
1 Like1 Thank

Hi Ash,

My guess - a student and their assignment :smile:

1 Like

This could be

A) touching finished goods with bare hands

B) personnel scratching head/face/arms and then handling product

C) Not washing hands

D) lack of hairnets and/or hair falling in the batch

E) sneezing without covering

Staph is present on a lot of humans, and is particularly fond of hair follicles 

1 Like1 Thank

Hi Ash,

No :smile: , I am working in a chocolate manufacturing company located in Dubai. 

This is regarding case studies of recalled products. I thought here is the best platform to share different ideas about food safety and quality. 

My guess - a student and their assignment :smile:

No, I am microbiologist working in a chocolate manufacturing company (Dubai).

I am here to learn more ideas and suggestions from food safety experts. 

Thanks a lot for your consideration and reply. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Sales samples labelling Traceability procedure in chocolate and candy making Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Sensory for Milk Candy Quality How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Candy packaging issues with bags breaking? Validation samples sent for Allergen tests BRCGS Clause 5.6.7 Test Methods and Samples - Physical or Electronic