What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Management Review - Meaning of Senior Site Management?

Started by , Sep 28 2022 06:06 PM
5 Replies

I am creating the document required for the annual Management Review. My main question is regarding the first sentence of 2.1.2.1. Our company has two separate facilities. We have two Directors of Operation at the Facility which is SQF Certified. Both directors report to the owner and the COO whose offices are at our other facility.

The overall sense I get from the first sentence of 2.1.2.1 (below) makes me feel like neither Owner or COO should be part of this exercise (neither directly oversee Production activities nor participate in SQF meetings). Both are very busy and are typically very difficult to get ahold of, so I would also be worried putting them down and not being able to show the auditor they actually attended. Thoughts?? 

2.1.2.1 The SQF System shall be reviewed by senior site management at least annually and include

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? Distribution in Allergen Management SQF Review document FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system
[Ad]

Director of the Operation at the site/most senior person at your site is what you need. This is what larger corporations do. The owner and COO don't have to be included.

1 Like

agree with PP

I've taken great pains where I am now to condense the senior companies involvement in day to day activities due to the company not understanding this distinction

1 Like

Hi NorCalNate,

An interesting question, I would agree with the previous posts by kfromNE and Scampi, the Site Senior Management should include the Directors of Operation but not the Owner and the COO providing they have very little to do with site. For example, who signs the Policy Statement? if it is the Directors of Operation then that is your answer and a very defendable position when you get audited.

FYI other standards refer to Senior Production Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Department Managers, Site General Manager, Site Director as part of the Site Management Team.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Great, thank you for your thoughts. Sounds like we are all on the same page. 

I'll chime in to echo the above.  I work corporate FSQA for a company that operates 7 plants across the USA.  For us, senior management at each plant means the plant manager, QA manager/SQF Practitioner, and other managers for that individual facility.  We have some directors at the QA level who help between plants, but ultimately the plants are responsible for working their individual FSQMS.  Corporate execs receive reporting on plant performance and issue mandates for the plants to meet, guidance on updates, etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? Distribution in Allergen Management SQF Review document FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Foaming machines in a cleaning management system