What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Managing double use allergen

Started by , Oct 11 2022 12:49 PM
7 Replies

Hello all,

I have a question regarding best practice for double allergen use.  We have a fully functioning allergen program that has been in place and effective.  Soon we will add an new allergen (SESAME) and when this happens we will have some items with 2 allergens.  What is the best way to deal with this.  I am referring to color coding etc.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions !

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Best Practices for Managing Equipment Not in Use Managing Water Softening Pellets and Ice Melt Pellets IFS Clause 6.4 - documented procedure for managing external inspections and regulatory visits Managing Temporary Workers During Sanitation
[Ad]

Perhaps the best way is attaching a colour to the BOM (if you use those) so when pulling for item X and Y use orange, when pulling for item B use grey 

You can then post the BOM + the colour all over the plant 

So are you saying use a specific color for the double allergen as opposed to either by themselves?

I have seen this suggested but it seems to get fairly complicated...

Thanks for the clarification!

That is what I'm suggesting

If you really do only have items containing allergen A on it's own and others with Allergen A&B then I would have the A&B it's own colour BUT dedicated for each allergen 

Flour (wheat) a orange and a grey scoop

Sesame gray scoop only

With colour coded BOMS, you have less risk of a Grey ingredient being added to an ORANGE BOM

1 Thank

Thanks for your input!  

Thanks

Sorry, I got lost here -

If you really do only have items containing allergen A on it's own and others with Allergen A&B then I would have the A&B it's own colour BUT dedicated for each allergen

"BOM" = ??

Sorry, I got lost here -

"BOM" = ??

maybe "Bill of Material"?

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Best Practices for Managing Equipment Not in Use Managing Water Softening Pellets and Ice Melt Pellets IFS Clause 6.4 - documented procedure for managing external inspections and regulatory visits Managing Temporary Workers During Sanitation What smart software is available for managing food safety in food service? Keeping Track of Dates involved in managing the Food Safety Management Program Managing the specifications and document reduction BRC Issue 8 5.5.3 - Procedure for Managing Obsolete Packaging Managing Internal Audit during Covid-19