What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal audits when you need to comply with different standards?

Started by , Oct 13 2022 01:45 PM
5 Replies

Hi all,

How do you deal with internal auditing when you need to comply with different standards? Our site is being audited against SQMS, BRC, Waitrosse, M&S, ISO.. Just to name few. 

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]
I can't imagine that they contradict each other. Go to the strictest standard and you should be covered.
1 Like

Like Setanta said, the strictest standard typically covers all the bases. For the individual requirements of each standard, you should also find that they reference a particular government regulation. Finding the common regulation referenced across multiple standards can be a good way of determining how the standard stacks up against others (i.e. how strict it is), or whether there are any unique requirements to a particular standard.

1 Like1 Thank

I've put all of my standards into a a single excel page, and I use that..........then you can populate the IA with the corresponding element/code numbers for each standard

Your programs should be written in a manner to comply with the different standards you are subjected to.  Your internal auditing should focus on ensuring your programs are being followed, which in turn means you'll be compliant with those external standards.

I would go for the highest standard (probably BRC) and ensure compliance with that standard.  That way, you will meet the requirements of all the standards.

If a section on training has more rigourous requirements in standard A than B but B has more rigourous requirements in record keeping than A then you could write your own internal standard (if you're sad QA like me!) so you audit to the highest standard for every requirement. This takes time but it is worth the effort so that you are always auditing against the highest standard for every requirement.

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks