What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Label verification apps

Started by , Oct 20 2022 08:10 AM
2 Replies

Hi

I'm looking for free or cheap label verification solutions, I was thinking about to use an app on phone or tablet, I'm looking at verifying barcodes and use by date. We used to use Dimaco scanners (until the factory burnt down) to scan pack barcode and case barcode + taking a photo of the front of the pack and the scanner recognised the characters in the use by date box, the scanner was set to pack date + 12 days shelf life, this is the sort of thing I'm looking for.

David

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks
[Ad]

If you're tech-savvy, I recommend Microsoft Power Apps. It comes standard with most Microsoft 365 business subscriptions so you may already have access to it, and additional licenses are very affordable. It essentially lets you make your own app, and then your users can download the Power Apps app on almost any mobile device or tablet and access it from there. The flip side is that it takes a pretty large time investment to get it up and working, and you have to maintain it when/if it breaks or things change. But I love it!

You are talking about Power BI? I reckon it requires some coding skills which I don't have unfortunately. Thanks for the help anyway :)

Similar Discussion Topics
Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records Label for a product with multiple vendors Nutrition Information Update on the Label Any recommendations for a date label gun?