What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS)

Started by , Nov 08 2022 10:36 AM
1 Reply

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could advise me .. I'm reading through the allergen legislation on PPDS) and would appreciate some clarification. 

If a bakery that previously made its products and sold them from the shop then decides they need a bigger kitchen area and plans to use a purpose-built unit that is not on the same premises as the bakery but who are making just items for the bakery. Do they still come under the rules for PPDS? 

This line 'Foods packaged and then sold elsewhere by the same operator at a market stall or mobile site' kind of jumped out at me. Am I on the right track here? 

Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

My interpretation would be that this is not a PPDS and that the normal full labelling rules for packaged foods apply. I believe the specific exemption for market stalls and mobile sites is because they aren't a "premises" in the same sense. See for example the decision tree in this guidance document from the FSA: https://www.southsom...t-sale-ppds.pdf

In any case, if you're unsure then reach out to your local Trading Standards service to check, given that they'll be the ones with primary responsibility for regulation.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks