What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Example of risk assessment for ingredients

Started by , Nov 15 2022 04:56 PM
3 Replies

Hi! I am working on my approved supplier program. Wondering if anyone has an example of a risk assessment for an ingredient? Not sure where to start or how to set up (format), or write this for my ingredients.

Inspected by FDA and working towards a third party audit by NSF.

Thanks so much!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination?
[Ad]

A risk assessment for one ingredient, or a hazard analysis for all ingredients?   Here's what my HA for all looks like:

Attached Files

• ha.docx   513.95KB   156 downloads
2 Likes1 Thank

A risk assessment for one ingredient, or a hazard analysis for all ingredients?   Here's what my HA for all looks like:

Thanks so much!

Is this all I need as far as risk assessments go? Or do I need to go more in depth outside of my hazard analysis as well?

I have my hazard analysis for my ingredients but was wondering if I needed more.

1 Like

Besides your typical Biological, Chemical (including allergens) and Physical hazards, you could also consider country of origin, supplier history, history of fraud/adulteration/substitution, yearly quantity of materials purchased, nature of the material, frequency that you test incoming materials, etc.

If you want to satisfy FDA, use their Guidance for Industry here: https://www.fda.gov/.../99581/download

Marshall

2 Likes

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Food fraud vulnerability assessment BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration