What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 13.3.5.3 (ii) Bathroom connected to Production via adjoining room?

Started by , Nov 16 2022 10:51 PM
2 Replies

Hey all!

First time reaching out. 

Specific Question regarding this bit 

"13.3.5.3 Toilet rooms shall be: (ii) accessed from operations via an airlock vented to the exterior or through an adjoining room;"

If you have two doors that open directly onto production, could you add two "L" shaped partitions beside each door to satisfy the requirement of an adjoining "room"? Would the partitions have to reach the ceiling? Would a door be required? The closest definition to the term room that I found in the dictionary was:

a
a partitioned part of the inside of a building
especially  such a part used as a lodging
b
the people in a room

Considering the term is vague, I figured I would reach out and find out if anybody has any experience with the interpretation of this section. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production
[Ad]

Hey all!

First time reaching out. 

Specific Question regarding this bit 

"13.3.5.3 Toilet rooms shall be: (ii) accessed from operations via an airlock vented to the exterior or through an adjoining room;"

If you have two doors that open directly onto production, could you add two "L" shaped partitions beside each door to satisfy the requirement of an adjoining "room"? Would the partitions have to reach the ceiling? Would a door be required? The closest definition to the term room that I found in the dictionary was:

a
a partitioned part of the inside of a building
especially  such a part used as a lodging
b
the people in a room

Considering the term is vague, I figured I would reach out and find out if anybody has any experience with the interpretation of this section. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Hi John,

Based on numerous (imaginative) previous threads on this topic, concept probably not viable as stated although SQF often seem to contort themselves as far as possible without directly failing the specified requirements.

Without thw benefit of seeing pictures the partitions would be walls instead going to the ceiling, but if the ceiling was too far uo a capped L shaped qould work but still need the door.

You need exhaust venting from bathroom to outside.

Now, let's say you have a production off that is located off of production and it had a door - you walk in to access the bathroom that is adjacent to the office, that also needs a door and again positive air flow to an exhaust to the exterior.

When it comes to bathrooms I know more than I ever wanted to know LOL.

Similar Discussion Topics
Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Inhalers in production rooms Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team If the production sites water comes from a town or regional water supply, do we still need to do water monitoring? How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running?