What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How do you calibrate the temperature thermometers in roasters?

Started by , Nov 17 2022 08:31 PM
4 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I am fairly new to specialty coffee so any advice would be very much appreciated! 

How do you calibrate the temperature thermometers in roasters? Particularly Farina and Probat. I am trying to create a calibration program where we would calibrate the roasters annually. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? How do you calibrate silos? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce?
[Ad]

My spouse is maintenance at a coffee roasting facility

They do not as they are impossible to access

Roasting coffee is an art, not a science so if the roaster isn't performing as it should you'd know it in the beans before you'd ever know your thermometer is out of calibration

I use a Dry Block calibrator to test thermocouples monthly and send the dry block out annually for 3rd party calibration and certification

We are trying to go for SQF and the consultant that we are working with told us that we need to calibrate operational control equipment, which includes the roasters. 

I don't know about Farina but Probat can be contacted directly for exact guidance, they really are a great company at providing help in this manner.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? How do you calibrate silos? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Monitoring the temperature of a canteen fridge Looking for New Temperature Data Loggers Product not reaching the cooling temperature as per the FDA guidance Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room