What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Design of Canteen Facilities

Started by , Nov 21 2022 11:06 AM
5 Replies

Hi everyone,

We are  going through setting up FSMS in compliance with FSSC 22000 standard.
The site did not design a canteen for employees (10 employees).

First situation: thee employees only work 4 hours a day. (without lunch break)

Second situation: employees during their lunch break, they go home, then they come back to work.

The question here: is the design of a canteen in both cases required? 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hygienic design risk assessment Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Design of Refrigerated Storage Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program QMS Design on a computer
[Ad]

I am not sure what Tunisia's labour law states.

But often employee's also like a before/after work coffee/snack.
And what is going to happen if your shifts run longer? Or if not all employees are able to return home for lunch?

I would be unhappy about a place of work that doesn't provide a break area.
Even if it is legally allowed, I would not recommend this set up.

1 Like1 Thank

Hi everyone,

Second situation: employees during their lunch break, they go home, then they come back to work.

Manufacturing Process unknown but Allergen Control frequently a design factor.

1 Thank
Hi Mourdatlbi,
Yes, I would agree with Charles, that GFSI standard has main concern that all food or drinks should be stored, consumed in a designated area only. And Allergen brought by
employees are managed not sure if you don't have designated area (lunch room/break room), how would show that food brought by them is staying in designated area and
where they store ?

Thanks
Uma
1 Like1 Thank

Hi everyone,

I don't know that standard well, but other GFSI schemes have direct and indirect requirements for break rooms, with the general intent that personnel have a clean space separated from production to rest/eat/drink and store some personal items.

1 Thank
Hi dear Bansal, 

First of all  I would like to thank all of you for  your  interaction,

The site is a small processing unit for local products (it is not an industry). Employees only work 4 hours from 08:00 to 12:00 (they take their lunch when they return to their homes).

Similar Discussion Topics
Hygienic design risk assessment Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Design of Refrigerated Storage Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program QMS Design on a computer BRCGS clause 5.1 Product Design and Development Is anyone using the quality by design methodology in the food industry? Cleaning In Place (CIP) Validation of the design and Operation of System Food Safety with Hygienically Constructed Equipment Built to Sanitary Design Food Safety with Hygienically Constructed Equipment Built to Sanitary Design