What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Adding Separate Warehouse for Finished Goods

Started by , Nov 30 2022 08:24 PM
3 Replies

My company is SQF certified in food manufacturing. We are leasing a warehouse about five minutes away to solely store finished product there, nothing else. What do I need to do to certify the warehouse? We are getting our Pest Control set up to service the location. Do I register it with the FDA? Notify CB? Anyone else been through a similar situation and can help?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Do rack pins need adding to monthly housekeeping audits? Concerns of adding a plastic hang hook on a tea and sugar filter bag What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor?
[Ad]

You need to be registered with fda.   ... to require that facilities engaged in manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding food for consumption in the United States submit additional registration information....

see leased warehouse/storage question :

https://www.fda.gov/...115080/download

I would contact the CB.   I believe you could include it in your scope.   They would then decide on if it should be audited in the near future or during your next certifications audit.   It would need to be complaint with all of the applicable  clauses of  the SQFI code.   You could get the facility its own certification (storage and distribution).   or you may be able to consider it as a third party storage facility.    Again, check with the CB.   

2 Likes
Contact CB and see if you can include it in your current certification.

If not, you'll need a separate cert under the food storage code.
2 Likes

20227FMIN_FoodManufacturing_v3-2-FINAL-w-links.pdf (sqfi.com)

Under Step 3: Determining the Scope of Certification (pg 14), SQF code calls out:  "If activities are carried out in different premises but are overseen by the same senior, operational, and technical management and are covered by the one SQF System, the site can be expanded to include those premise."  So the separate building can be named under your scope.

Under Step 15: Changes to Site SQF Requirements, there's a 15.2: Changing the Scope of Certification (pg 32) explains you can notify the CB in writing, and they can do a spot audit to certify the process change.  This usually means they'll reissue the existing certificate to list the new process or item with the original expiration date.  You'll need to update all of your process flows and risk assessments to reflect the new building, and all of the same PRP's will need to be documented in that new building.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope Do rack pins need adding to monthly housekeeping audits? Concerns of adding a plastic hang hook on a tea and sugar filter bag What to consider when adding a new uniform vendor? Adding New Warehouse to FDA Account Adding Ingredients Not Written in the Packaging HACCP Study - dry blending RTE manufacturer adding dry egg powder an sesame seeds to our ingredients Adding Vitamin D & A on milk processing and side-effects on human Adding food fraud assurances to contracts