What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are ISO 13485 certified devices compatible as food contact materials?

Started by , Dec 08 2022 12:51 PM
1 Reply
Are ISO 13485 certified devices compatible as food contact materials?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment?
[Ad]

Greetings Mazid,

Although I would recommend searching your country's legislation further, I have to say no, they can't be compatible as food contact materials, even though the strictness is there.

The applicability of the medical devices doesn't match those for food contact. Food contact material needs to be tested in a few different food scenarios (acidic, oily, high or low temperature endurance, material migration etc) to be certified as food contact. I guess the medical devices have different parameters, since they are made for contact with human internal or external "surfaces".

Regards!

Similar Discussion Topics
Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Traceability for Packing Materials Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected