What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

When do you change the versions to your documents and how?

Started by , Dec 09 2022 09:41 PM
1 Reply

Hello All, 

I read the SQF code but it doesn't say anything about when document versions should be changed. Would it be up to us to decide when and what changes determine a new version? We have our documents as 1.0. We decided that minor changes would be a point change for example from 1.0 to 1.1. A big change would be a whole number change 1.0 to 2.0 but I'm having a hard time deciding on what a small change is and what a big one is.

When do you guys change the versions to your documents and how? 

Thank you and Happy Holidays!  :x_smile:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Reformulation change and use up of film
[Ad]

You likely just need a system that enables your firm to understand what the most up to date version of a document is. Many electronic systems default to increasing the version number by 1.0 with every approved change, while increasing by 0.1 for draft changes. A central record of your policies and their most current version number will enable your staff to tell whether a document they're viewing is up to date or not. The next step of course is a system of document control, which would prevent out of date documents from ending up in your staff's hands in the first place!

That said, any system that you determine to effectively keep track of versions and enable staff to identify which version is the most up to date will likely be compliant.

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Reformulation change and use up of film Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List What documents are required for audit when Sourcing ingredients from wholesaler? What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents?