What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCSGS section 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture

Started by , Jan 10 2023 09:54 AM
3 Replies

Hi,

What are your ideas to improve your food safety culture? Especially behaviors change? 

Apart from survey how do you measure your culture?

I am looking for ideas outside the box. 

This year we have introduced the following:

• Enhanced Food Safety Mentoring on the shop floor and "food safety talks" during training
  • introduction of an Employee Contest for Food Safety Improvements within their Departments every six months with a Prize for the best practical ideas
  • Introduction of Employee Culture Survey completed every six months across all departments (we didn't do a survey before)
  • Enhanced training i.e., HACCP to all, as opposed to CCP checkers only. 
  • Office staff - to receive HACCP & Food Safety training 

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Forgot to add that we are very small operation - 10-20 employees and we are quite good and confident talking about issues. It is easy to keep everyone updated, but I need something to actually list in my Culture Improvment Plan. 

Maybe look at some more posters "Quality is everyone's responsibility" this sort of thing. We are also looking at having an interactive screen in our canteen with QSL/KPI/Rejections/Audit Results etc scrolling on it. 

I have introduct the One Point Lessons aimed on the "WHY" .... an example "WHY WHASING YOUR HANDS" and then descrive the motivation.....

Similar Discussion Topics