What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA- Updating Nutritional Facts Panels

Started by , Jan 10 2023 08:55 PM
4 Replies

Hello everyone here at IFSQN,

So I have been going through and updating any changes made to ingredient lists from materials we receive from our suppliers here at my company. I was wondering if there are any FDA regulations regarding the frequency in which you must review and revise your nutritional facts panels. Is it only when there are significant changes that would change the values, or is there a minimum frequency you must update them regardless of changes and their scale?

Thank you in advanced for anyone who takes the time to answer my question  :biggrin:  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Reviewing and Updating Policies Nutritional Facts Question Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product
[Ad]

Unless or until one of these things happens;

Your finished goods undergoes formulation revision

There is a regulatory change

Otherwise, you never need to review (assuming they were correct when done in the first place)

1 Like1 Thank

Hello everyone here at IFSQN,

So I have been going through and updating any changes made to ingredient lists from materials we receive from our suppliers here at my company. I was wondering if there are any FDA regulations regarding the frequency in which you must review and revise your nutritional facts panels. Is it only when there are significant changes that would change the values, or is there a minimum frequency you must update them regardless of changes and their scale?

Thank you in advanced for anyone who takes the time to answer my question  :biggrin:  

Hello Giauque.

As far as I know, there are no regulations mandating that nutrition facts be revised and updated with a certain frequency unless you change your product formulations or there is a regulatory change in nutrition facts/ labeling requirements.

They need to be accurate with a small variance allowed.  You need to update as often as needed to be accurate.

I'll echo what others have said, the nutritional facts/ingredients list would only need to be revised if there is a formula change or a regulatory change (eg the FDA requires a new format for listing information). This means that whenever you change your formula, you should be evaluating whether this will have an impact on your ingredient list or nutritional label. However, it is not a requirement to arbitrarily review your labels and release an updated version each year if nothing has changed.

Linked below is an FDA labeling guide, it is large but contains good information.

https://www.fda.gov/...-labeling-guide

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Lost 3 months of work updating documentation Reviewing and Updating Policies Nutritional Facts Question Nutrition Facts Calculation for Pickled Product How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Can QR Codes replace nutritional and ingredient statements? Updating the procedure for food-grade lubricants purchase Updating a broken SQF system Nutritional facts of chicken juices extracted during oven cooking