What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SOP for Allergen Management in the Packaging Industry

Started by , Jan 18 2023 06:54 AM
5 Replies

Hi, Can anyone share the SOP for Allergen Management for Food Packaging Industry? 

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen control in fully packaged products Distribution in Allergen Management Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen checklist to supplier
[Ad]

I'm not as familiar with FSSC as the others, but for us (packaging as well)  our SOP basically says we do not store, produce or have items in manufacturing or storage areas that have any allergens.  We then outline a procedure to be taken in the off chance of an incidental allergen contamination.  Such as a you go to receive film and find peanut shells, etc.  Basically how you will limit and contain exposure should something happen.  Also, if you have no policy against what staff can bring in for lunch, spell out how food items are stored and contained and that staff must wash hands before returning to work.  I would also throw in there that you perform training on allergen awareness.  BTW we are SQF and this SOP has been fine for us when audited.

1 Like

Can you elaborate more on what your company makes?   What allergens are in your building, etc, etc?    For an example here, we make dry mixes, and have 4 allergens in our building, and they're in everything we make.   My paperwork may do you absolutely no good, so it would be helpful to have more information.

I'm not as familiar with FSSC as the others, but for us (packaging as well)  our SOP basically says we do not store, produce or have items in manufacturing or storage areas that have any allergens.  We then outline a procedure to be taken in the off chance of an incidental allergen contamination.  Such as a you go to receive film and find peanut shells, etc.  Basically how you will limit and contain exposure should something happen.  Also, if you have no policy against what staff can bring in for lunch, spell out how food items are stored and contained and that staff must wash hands before returning to work.  I would also throw in there that you perform training on allergen awareness.  BTW we are SQF and this SOP has been fine for us when audited.

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to share the SOP ?

Can you elaborate more on what your company makes?   What allergens are in your building, etc, etc?    For an example here, we make dry mixes, and have 4 allergens in our building, and they're in everything we make.   My paperwork may do you absolutely no good, so it would be helpful to have more information.

Thanks for the info. The company is manufacturing primary packing material for food. Our process does not have any allergens. Only potential source of allergens is if someone bring nuts .

Please see attached.

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen control in fully packaged products Distribution in Allergen Management Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen checklist to supplier Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water