What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan?

Started by , Jan 19 2023 09:23 PM

When the customs person "approves" my passport, they do not sign it, they use a stamp (and maybe an initial depending on the country).

If your country legislation/certification scheme specifically prohibits stamps, or otherwise has language that says they should not be used, why not use them?

Marshall

6 Replies

Hello all! (first timer here)

I am currently wondering if the PCQI practitioner who signs off on the documents, for review or certification is allowed to use a signature stamp that is locked away and only accessible to the practitioner themself?

Also if so, would I need to add a signature stamp being acceptable for use in the food safety plan?

Thank you :)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

I would not do that.   Signature / initial  = "hand written" to regulators as they are legal documents   (unless following part 11 electronic records and signatures)

I've read another feed that communicated this was okay and not a problem, especially for small business that are certified and only have one or two practitioners for the program due to being small facility. The reason I even ask is because i have carpal tunnel and it really hurts to sign all of the documents daily.

I think, in that case you could perform a risk analysis to ensure nobody has access to your stamp but yourself.

1 Like

I've read another feed that communicated this was okay and not a problem, especially for small business that are certified and only have one or two practitioners for the program due to being small facility. The reason I even ask is because i have carpal tunnel and it really hurts to sign all of the documents daily.

I think it might be best to contact your local FDA office.   I'm pretty sure that they would frown upon stamped signatures, but I believe there  might be exemptions or other routes that can be explored due to disabilities.  

1 Thank

Question:  Do you have a signature register so you can show that this stamp is in fact your actual signature?  

When the customs person "approves" my passport, they do not sign it, they use a stamp (and maybe an initial depending on the country).

If your country legislation/certification scheme specifically prohibits stamps, or otherwise has language that says they should not be used, why not use them?

Marshall

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food