What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Packaging Traceability

Started by , Jan 23 2023 03:08 PM
4 Replies

Hello All,

I hope everyone is well.

I am inquiring about traceability in regard to the bottles my company uses to hold the honey we package.

Do we need to be able to track the bottles back to the shipment of packaging that we are using to package each bottle of honey?

We have a lot code that we have tied to all of our raw materials, but I'm curious about if we need to do the same with the lids and bottles as well.

Thank you in advance!

Graham

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

Hi Graham,

All product contact materials need to be fully traceable back to supplier due to the contamination risk.
This includes caps, bungs, stoppers etc...

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ry

1 Like

You should be including the packaging lot numbers in your process somehow 

Even manually recording it on a production record is better than nothing

Generally speaking, if your using glass it would be considered GRAS, but the seals are not

Have honey client that packages in those "bear" plastic bottles and they trace both the bottle and plastic cap back to supplier/manufacturer.

Also have a maple syrup and honey mix company that packs in tin type containers and traces the container and metal cap up and back.

Packaging lots can be traceable in process during your issuance from  your storage and taggings. This will depend on your process. You can have the packaging lot numbers from your delivery receipt and COI. Hope this helps.

Packaging Manufacturer here :)

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Packaging manufacturing and tape. Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging?