What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS issue 9 - Traceability Testing

Started by , Jan 28 2023 05:40 AM
4 Replies

Hello everyone,

BRCG issue 9 mentioned for the traceability test should include stock reconciliation of quantities of product. I google regarding this but I couldn't find a clear idea about stock reconciliation. Can you explain how to perform stock reconciliation and whether I should do it for primary packaging as well?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

When you do a regular stock count, you sometimes find inconsistencies. (How often do you check your stock?)

You'll have more or less on stock than you expect based on your digital system. Or you may find a previously lost pallet back again.

Reconciliation means you make sure the ERP system and reality are in agreement again afterward.

This applies to literally everything you have on stock, including packaging of any kind.

Inventory reconciliation is the process of comparing physical inventory counts with records of inventory on hand.

We preform year end stock inventory and monthly on some high use items like product labels. Then check any discrepancy's and determine why the numbers don't match up. Example: broken stock was disposed of and recorded in the Hold & release program, but not removed from the inventory count. Then at the year end inventory my inventory stated I had more stock then I really did.

Hope this helps

1 Thank

We preform year end stock inventory and monthly on some high use items like product labels. Then check any discrepancy's and determine why the numbers don't match up. Example: broken stock was disposed of and recorded in the Hold & release program, but not removed from the inventory count. Then at the year end inventory my inventory stated I had more stock then I really did.

Hope this helps

Why do you only inventory high use items? It's the low use items that get lost and cause issues in my own experience.

Inventory reconciliation is the process of comparing physical inventory counts with records of inventory on hand.

Hope this helps

So Should I compare the stock in hand at distributors and sold, stock in the warehouse with previous records of finished goods and primary packaging? So the formula would be like this

Stock reconciliation = Actual Physical count take in the traceability test - Finished goods counts recorded in inventory and dispatch, delivery notes

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk