What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Modifying FDA Registration for DBA Companies

Started by , Feb 21 2023 03:30 PM
0 Reply

Hello, 

We are currently registered with the FDA for repacking frozen foods, food storage and distribution. The company structure is changing this year; I will try my best to explain below the changes and am seeking advice on how to appropriately change certificates without duplicating, i.e. 2 SQF certs/audits per year, etc. 

• Company A the current FDA registration holder (as mentioned above)
  • Company B is purchasing Company A's repacking operation*
  • Company A will still continue to store is distribute foods 
  • Company C is listed currently on our FDA registration as a 'DBA' and acts as an umbrella company that allows us to share resources between the other small companies.  
  • All companies operate within 1 address/location. 

*Company B is at times a competition packer for other repack customers; ownership has told me that we have to be able to pack both for Company B as well as any competitor companies that may seek repack in future (no guaranteed business for 2023 yet.)

In order to maintain other certificate programs; SQF, USDA Organic and not duplicate programs for Company A and B; I've consulted with our SQF CB for guidance. She suggested that if we register Company C with FDA and list Company A and B as DBA we could have our certificate encompass all as long as it matches the FDA registration. 

I also consulted with the FDA and did not gain much help; I was advised that I would have to cancel our current FDA registration and re-register, but that it was up to me if I chose to do so. I also asked if Company C does not own Co A&B if that would impact in any way, they could not answer. 

Has anyone else had to deal with something similar to this? Do you think I am on the right track for proper registration? I am trying my best to ensure proper coverage for all variables. 

Thank you! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Modifying Your HACCP Plan for FSMA Compliance Modifying Your HACCP Plan for FSMA Compliance
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Modifying Your HACCP Plan for FSMA Compliance Modifying Your HACCP Plan for FSMA Compliance