What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility?

Started by , Feb 24 2023 03:21 PM
6 Replies

Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? All the other chemicals are secured and inventoried?  The wipes will be used to clean non- food contact surfaces such as desks, laptops, electronics etc.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.
[Ad]

I think it is more an inventory management question than food safety. 

Out of curiosity, how you were cleaning and sanitizing desks/non food contact surfaces before? 

Same, sanitizing wipes. My thoughts exactly. It just came into question recently and I wanted feedback . Thanks Sayed!

Nope. Can't have "unsecured" chemicals on or near the lines.

Would need to be checked out of inventory, monitored, disposed of properly etv including SSOP in place.

Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? All the other chemicals are secured and inventoried?  The wipes will be used to clean non- food contact surfaces such as desks, laptops, electronics etc.

Approved for what?  A lot depends on those details.

If the sanitizing chemicals in them are not food safe, or they are prone to tearing or shedding fibers, they would need to be treated like the other chemicals and secured when not in use by trained personnel who know what their use limits are.

I worked for a place that was inspected by the USDA and we had sani-wipes around our packing room.  They were food code compliant. Cannot remember the actual name as it has been quite some time since I worked there.  Was never an issue for the USDA, FDA or our GFSI audit.  We did have an active inventory of them and when production was done for the day, they were turned in and 'locked up'.  

As long as they are labelled and in your approved chemical list with SDS available , no issues.

We always have them .

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Food Fraud & Food Defense Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.