What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

ACC swabbing on a cheese cutting site

Started by , Mar 02 2023 04:19 PM
2 Replies

Hi All, 

We currently conduct ACC environmental swabbing on our cheese cutting site. I do wonder if Ents swabbing would be more appropriate? It can be difficult with cheese and ACC results. We of course also do L.spp swabbing. 

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this? What environmental micro do you swab for on your site? 

Many thanks! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?
[Ad]

Hi LILDANNY50,

Plate count, Entero and Y&M would be typical for monitoring of environment, I would continue to do the plate count myself as it gives an indication of loading.

Air plates/air sampling may be useful too, particularly for Y&M.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Hi All, 

We currently conduct ACC environmental swabbing on our cheese cutting site. I do wonder if Ents swabbing would be more appropriate? It can be difficult with cheese and ACC results. We of course also do L.spp swabbing. 

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this? What environmental micro do you swab for on your site? 

Many thanks! 

Hi LD,

JFI here are some typical (UK/RTE) EMPG requirements borrowed from this link -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ces/#entry60958

EB data.PNG   126.75KB   2 downloads

(Note the final comment).

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Does SQF require a SQF Practitioner to be on-site at all times? Cheese company uniforms To melt, or not to melt the cheese! Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Environmental Swabbing Matrix Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time Site Down? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running?