What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food?

Started by , Mar 10 2023 09:26 AM
3 Replies
Is there any Kind of antibacterial/washable gloves can be used as a direct contact with food ?
Do you think Fabric materials are prevented to be used in a direct contact with food (RTF) what are the risk if there is ? What are the obstruction in using this kind of gloves
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy
[Ad]

antimicrobial fabric gloves are the gloves i believe you are looking for, depending where you are in the world they can be used in food prep. i would be concerned with the possible FBs that would occur then when it comes to the washing/ storing of gloves you would need a whole lot of steps in place to insure they stay hygienic/ food safe

antimicrobial fabric gloves are the gloves i believe you are looking for, depending where you are in the world they can be used in food prep. i would be concerned with the possible FBs that would occur then when it comes to the washing/ storing of gloves you would need a whole lot of steps in place to insure they stay hygienic/ food safe

Yes i am asking about the availability of these kind of gloves .I asked because it's not popular to see that is being used in preparation or food service . If used what will be the impact?

Everything comes down to a risk assessment since those cloth gloves may have fibers that could come off or people using the same pair (taking on and off, no washing hands prior). These gloves can be common in bakery industries because employees are touching hot loaves of bread.

• If you plan to wash them yourself, work with a chemical supplier - AFCO, Ecolab... to get the appropriate detergents.
  • Also have enough available that employees could change them throughout the day, and train to discard them if in poor condition. 
  • Test multiple types - trial and report - documented risk assessment 

You can buy them at Uline, Grainger, Webstaurant Store.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor