What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Process water in sauce application

Started by , Mar 15 2023 03:55 AM
4 Replies
Hello,
We are possibly looking at using water off a water softener for process water in sauce application (we create our own sauce blends for pizza). Does anyone have experience with such? Do this change anything overall. We do perform annual apc and safe water testing along with city water report. Any recommendations on if this would be plausible or not?

Thanks!
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning Process and Chemicals BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process
[Ad]

Would the water softener be an external company treating the water or some sort of machine implemented in your production location?

A water softener usually changes the pH of the water. You'd need to make sure your cleaning chemicals are at the right concentration.

How is the water being softened?  If using something like salt, it has to be food grade.  I would increase the microbiological monitoring frequency.

If pH is a control measure or specification for your sauce you will need to take this into account as well as the softening would change the pH of the water.

1 Like
Hello everyone,

Am awaiting to get the pH of the water from the city in a few days. The hardness in new city is 18 grains or 1200 ppm. The hardness at current location is 120 ppm. I am having a chemical/mineral analysis completed for the water in new city. I will let you know the results.
The water will be coming from the new city so it will probably be treated with chlorine similar to the water in our current city..

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning Process and Chemicals BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters