What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Storage Controls in a Pork Factory

Started by , Mar 22 2023 11:43 AM
4 Replies

Good morning all,

I have roughly 10 years of SQF / BRC under my belt. I understand the codes and requirements well, but I am looking to try something not done before in my plant and am looking for guidance:

We process raw pork and make smoked sauages that are RTE Not shelf stable. 

Ownership is looking to create a raw pork product that is packaged for retail as well.

My question is:

Can finished raw product that is packaged in MAP trays and placed in master cases be stored in the same cold storage as cooked sauages that are also vacuumed packed and placed in master cases? 

Both of course would be packaged in separate pack rooms, but would need to be stored in the same cold storage prior to distribution.

What's your thoughts?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products
[Ad]

No risk that I can see

You just need to ensure that you have a procedure for when cartons are damaged

I would avoid storing raw pork above the smoked sausages, but other than that I don't see much risk as long as you are vigilant about pierced packaging

Yes, same fine with segregation.

Great thank you all. I appreciate the responses.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?