What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New GS1-GTIN Code for updated product?

Started by , Mar 23 2023 05:10 PM
2 Replies

Hi!  I work for a small granola, granola bar, mixed nuts company.  We are currently looking at adjusting the serving size of our bars.  We currently have a 1.8 oz bar (51g).  The serving size posted in the nutritional information right now is 1 serving per container.  We are looking to make it to 2 servings per container, without changing the net weight of the bar.  Does anyone know if this requires a new barcode label?  I know if we changed the net weight of the container we would have to change the code but nothing is changing besides the nutritional label statement.  Thanks for the help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA)
[Ad]
Wow, who can eat just .90 of an ounce?

Anyway, having a client in a similar nature the answer is that you will need a new bar code.

Thanks for the reply! It seems like a small serving to me too but we do get a lot of feedback that our bars are too much for one serving, so we're ultimately looking to make miniature versions of our original bars to appease the crowds with smaller appetites.  :spoton:

Similar Discussion Topics
Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product? Scope of Certification product specific Repackaging of Food Grade product Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?