What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do product specifications need a GRAS and FDA statement?

Started by , Apr 07 2023 03:29 PM
3 Replies

Hi everyone - I am updating our product specs and I am being told by the previous person doing the specs, that I have to add a GRAS and FDA statement. Is that correct? I never had to add that on specs at my last job. Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine)
[Ad]

Hi Erica. I've never heard of adding regulatory statements to the product specs. What's the point? Purpose of the spec is to outline product ingredients,  properties/characteristics, allergens, storage, COO, and other necessary stuff - what relation regulatory info has to this?

Could you be more specific? Are these you internal product specification sheets? And by FDA/GRAS statement, do you mean something that states the product is made in an FDA inspected facility from GRAS ingredients? If so, there is no requirement to include such a statement on specification sheets, to my knowledge. Some companies keep a general statement like that on file that covers all their products ("letter of guarantee"), but it's mostly a feel-good letterhead to be sent to other vendors.

1 Like1 Thank

I don't believe you have to, but I know we have a short FDA statement on ours as we send specs out to customers. It just says simply that we comply and specific documents are available upon request.

Similar Discussion Topics
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product? Scope of Certification product specific Repackaging of Food Grade product FCC Monograph statement for IWPI