What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Should Petroleum Jelly based wax be registered as Food Grade in NSF?

Started by , Apr 10 2023 09:41 AM
3 Replies

Hello everybody,

We need your assistance and advice related to Food Grade status of Wax.

The wax we used are petroleum jelly based that intended to come into contact with food. Those wax wasn't registered in NSF, so the supplier give us statement/declaration letter that the wax are comply with FDA 21 CFR 178.3620(b). 

Our question:

1. Does the wax should follow / registered as food grade (H1) in NSF registration?

2. Does the statement /declaration letter is acceptable as food grade wax? 

We need your advice for this matter.

Thank you for your kind support

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food loss and waste policy Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements
[Ad]

I would read up on that specific part of the CFR they cited.  And I would also be careful as saying it is 'Food Grade'. 

Looks like the CFR states 'may be used as a component of nonfood articles intended for use in contact with food'.  Read through it and then you would need to decide what the risk is (if there is any).

I would read up on that specific part of the CFR they cited.  And I would also be careful as saying it is 'Food Grade'. 

Looks like the CFR states 'may be used as a component of nonfood articles intended for use in contact with food'.  Read through it and then you would need to decide what the risk is (if there is any).

Noted. 

I have an additional question, the supplier also declares that the product complies with US Pharmacopeia and British Pharmacopeia, whether it can be said safe to be in contact with food? 

Petroleum Wax to be food grade must be register in FDA or NFS and important to allergen free. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Food loss and waste policy Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation