What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Drying Food Contact Brushes

Started by , Apr 12 2023 09:25 PM
2 Replies

Hello all! 

I recently became a sanitation supervisor at my plant and excited to continuously improve our process. 

I am curious to know what processes there is out there when cleaning, sanitizing and drying food contact brushes. In terms of manufacturing, we blend dried ingredients - mainly powders.

Our process right now

• Clean brushes with water and soap. there is no actual scrubbing as we spray the soap and rinse with water. 
  • We put them in a cart take them to a room so that they can dry. Drying takes days. The room for the most part is clean, but occasionally dirty/soiled parts get to the room.
  • We bag and individually tag the brushes with a "CLEAN TAG" with date and initials. We hang them or store them in a bin. The brushes are inside a cabinet.

Any suggestions, ideas and comments will help! 

Thank you all! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems SQF Requirements - Sun Drying Product Is anyone aware of any recent publications on the benefits of freeze drying? Mango Drying and Testing Regulations
[Ad]

...Drying takes days. ...

Wet surfaces that likely contain miniscule amounts of food matter, this stands out.  I would look for a sanitizer you can leave on the equipment after the rise, and a way to accelerate the drying.

autoclave for full disinfection/drying   then bag and tag

Similar Discussion Topics
Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems SQF Requirements - Sun Drying Product Is anyone aware of any recent publications on the benefits of freeze drying? Mango Drying and Testing Regulations Shrimp ammonium smell as an effect of drying AOAC Reference Standards for Drying of Dried Fruits Sanitary Drying Methods-Ribbon Blender Necessary to Filter hot air for Drying Process ? How to determine drying time for meat?