What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Humidity and temperature monitoring in warehouses of dry products

Started by , Apr 13 2023 04:36 PM
5 Replies
Is there anywhere in the BRC that requires temperature and humidity monitoring in enclosed storage areas?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Temperatures and humidity for air supply Should temperature and humidity of chemical/biocides storage room be monitored in a pest control company? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our food additives storage facility? How to keep humidity levels low after wash down procedures?
[Ad]

I have done BRC and SQF and temperature requirements have always been a give. If you're doing any type of environmental air monitoring, you will need to be monitoring your temperatures. Also, if you're storing finished product or ingredients the temperature standards must be monitored to ensure that you are meeting the specifications for stored ingredients or finished products to ensure their shelf life.

I have done BRC and SQF and temperature requirements have always been a give. If you're doing any type of environmental air monitoring, you will need to be monitoring your temperatures. Also, if you're storing finished product or ingredients the temperature standards must be monitored to ensure that you are meeting the specifications for stored ingredients or finished products to ensure their shelf life.

Thank you. But nothing about humidity?

Depends on the storage requirements of your products.  I work corporately for a fresh fruit and veg manufacturer, and storage areas at all of our plants are temp and humidity monitored.  Previously I worked for a dried vegetable/spice manufacturer, and as goods were all specified for ambient storage, no temp or humidity monitoring was required.  Same for another spice manufacturer I've consulted for.  All companies are SQF certified.

Depends on the storage requirements of your products. I work corporately for a fresh fruit and veg manufacturer, and storage areas at all of our plants are temp and humidity monitored. Previously I worked for a dried vegetable/spice manufacturer, and as goods were all specified for ambient storage, no temp or humidity monitoring was required. Same for another spice manufacturer I've consulted for. All companies are SQF certified.

Ok thanks! We produce spice products so that was exactly what I needed to know :)

Forgive me I forgot to add the humidity part of that when you do monitor your temperature you also monitor humidity also.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Temperatures and humidity for air supply Should temperature and humidity of chemical/biocides storage room be monitored in a pest control company? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our food additives storage facility? How to keep humidity levels low after wash down procedures? What would a target percent humidity be for processing popped popcorn? Humidity levels for spice storage What equipment can be used for temperature and humidity monitoring? Relative Humidity in Enrobed Product Humidity and mould in chill warehouse unit