What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is tape on production flooring allowed?

Started by , Apr 19 2023 09:11 PM
5 Replies

Hello-

Random question, we are looking to use floor tape to mark off our clearances for eletrical panels on our greenhouse floor? Would an auditor have an issue with this? It would be within the growing space, approx. 10 feet away from the growing pools/ ponds?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fumes in the Production Facility Distance allowed to place containers in the wall Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Packaging manufacturing and tape.
[Ad]

I've used it before. Floor marking tape, industrial strength, waterproof. It was replaced if there were signs of lifting. 

1 Like

I've used it before. Floor marking tape, industrial strength, waterproof. It was replaced if there were signs of lifting. 

Second part of your question, no auditors didn't have issues with it. It was on the floor, product was not affected by it. We were able to clean floors with no issues.  It was a warehouse, not a production site. In your situation you would need to do a risk assessment to see if it would be an issue to your product.

1 Like
It would not represent an issue unless it was frayed, damaged etc.

I would include regular checks for damage and replace the tape when it is found to be damaged.

We have taped off an area for our drinking water area. People need to drink the water in that area and dispose of the cups there also. The auditor had no negative comments about it.

Similar Discussion Topics
Fumes in the Production Facility Distance allowed to place containers in the wall Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Packaging manufacturing and tape. Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Inhalers in production rooms Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team