What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations

Started by , Apr 20 2023 01:51 PM
2 Replies

Can someone advise if a Food Defense plan is required for bulk transfer stations that are transferring liquid fructose from rail car to tanker?  I'm unclear whether this action constitutes as any of the "manufacture/process, pack, or hold

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Inquiry about food safety culture elements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy
[Ad]

I would think yes.  You would have to show some way that this area is locked and only certain employees have access.  The question is, is this an area where someone could potentially affect your product?

Can someone advise if a Food Defense plan is required for bulk transfer stations that are transferring liquid fructose from rail car to tanker?  I'm unclear whether this action constitutes as any of the "manufacture/process, pack, or hold

Yes, probably.  The regional FDA inspections office is likely going to be able to give a more definitive answer.

The exemption to the exemption seems to be liquid storage, unless its the exemption to the exemption to the exemption for animal foods.  Clear as mud.  I'm fairly certain the quantity alone, rail cars worth of material, puts you in the category of "This rule is designed to primarily cover large companies whose products reach many people"

Similar Discussion Topics
Inquiry about food safety culture elements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor