What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Detection of Mollusc Allergen ?

Started by , May 09 2023 01:27 PM
3 Replies

Hello, 

We use AllerSnap by Hygiena and AccuClean from Neogen. However, I have not been able to find a product that has validation to be able to detect molluscs.  

Can someone suggest or comment on what they use for detecting molluscs protein residue?

Thanks

Vanessa

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Limit of detection for X-ray machine False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches
[Ad]

I don't know much about molluscs, but wouldn't a general protein swab not do it?  I use Hygenia protein swabs that detect any and all proteins, and they work great. 

Hello, 

We use AllerSnap by Hygiena and AccuClean from Neogen. However, I have not been able to find a product that has validation to be able to detect molluscs.  

Can someone suggest or comment on what they use for detecting molluscs protein residue?

Thanks

Vanessa

Because Molluscan Fish aren't considered allergens in the USA, it doesn't surprise me. Like MDaleDDF said - a general protein swab, like you already use, would be your best bet.

https://farrp.unl.edu/IRChart

Similar Discussion Topics
Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Limit of detection for X-ray machine False Positive Metal Detection Reject Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Example of a Risk Assessment on metal detection versus x-ray BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment