What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture

Started by , May 15 2023 04:37 PM
7 Replies

Food safety culture is the shared values, beliefs and norms that affect how employees handle food in a food business. A strong food safety culture can help prevent foodborne illnesses, reduce food waste and improve customer satisfaction. One way to assess your food safety culture. Here is an example. 

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]

A great exercise, thank you for sharing. I am in need of a "sometimes" option for most of the questions  :doh:

Nice questions. In FSSC 22000,  is it mandatory that Food Safety Policy shall be signed by the senior management?

Nice set of questions.  I think there are some killer ones in there; particularly discussing food safety, CI and change management.

A quick "go to" assessment I do subconsciously when I look at a site is I will look at the short interval control systems and pick up on the following.

Is Quality and Food Safety discussed?  If so, is there evidence there is a metric behind it?  I.e. to force a level of review not just talking by exception?  Is there evidence of CI?  If so, is it focussed only on money or on wider metrics?

To my mind, every time you discuss performance (i.e. OEE, tonnes out the door, conformance to plan) you should also discuss people safety and food safety.  If you don't, you are automatically deprioritising both in the minds of your audience (i.e. your Team Leaders and operators) even if you don't mean to.

Hello,

Does anyone have step by step example of your food safety culture program and anything else that can be used? This way I know exactly what to do. 

Thank you,

Hello,

Does anyone have step by step example of your food safety culture program and anything else that can be used? This way I know exactly what to do. 

Thank you,

Hello,

Checking back on this. I am very much stuck on this topic. I just don't know how to do this.

Hello,

Checking back on this. I am very much stuck on this topic. I just don't know how to do this.

https://mygfsi.com/w...ulture-Full.pdf

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture FSSC 22000 v 6 Food Safety Additional requirements documentation Accommodations for Medication & Food