What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can Silo cleaning technician wear shoes inside a Silo?

Started by , May 18 2023 04:04 PM
5 Replies
Hi everyone,
I just saw my silo cleaning guy is wearing shoes inside the silo, which for me is not acceptable.
As we don't know where else he has gone wearing those shoes. It could be having metal shaving, dust , any type of contaminants etc.

AT the end silo will be vacuum cleaned, no wet cleaning , nothing.

I am just worried, could you guys please share your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area APC and Coliform Limits on Shoes Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down Cleaning Process and Chemicals Allergen Specific factory wear
[Ad]

A real risk assessment would partially depend on what is inside the silo, what happens after the silo, what your plant looks like, etc. But simply put I'd personally agree with you, he's walking on a food contact surface. And the fix is very easy, simply install a dispenser of disposable booties for techs to wear while cleaning. Very cheap and easy solution with big upside.

1 Like

What are you suggesting he do?  You need to think about the safety factor here as well (as you are required too under the law)

Booties will not work in this application---so either provide footwear OR having a boot scrub available 

Also--this should be covered during your contractor approval process so they are aware of what is required

Normally dedicated shoes are required.

If brought to site by contractor they should be clean in a bag, put on just outside on top of a sanitizer pad and then after cleaning re washed completely and bagged out.

Some places have shoes located adjacent to silos so they are truly dedicated.

Hi Bansal,

Provide suitable footwear to change into before entering the silo.

Even for dried products silos need to be wet cleaned occasionally? For example after a crack detection test.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thank you everyone, i got my answer. Thank you so much!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area APC and Coliform Limits on Shoes Need to implement a manual cleaning procedure while our rack washer is down Cleaning Process and Chemicals Allergen Specific factory wear Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals