What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FDA food defense plan builder

Started by , May 23 2023 01:46 PM
2 Replies
Hi guys,

I'm currently using the FDA food defense plan builder and I'm stuck on the key activity types in the vulnerability assessment section. The only options are "liquid" receiving and loading or handling and storage. What if we deal with dry ingredients? There is no option for that. Do I just use the liquid option anyway? Or is there a reason why they would only have liquid as an option here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Inquiry about food safety culture elements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy
[Ad]

when conducting the assessment, the FDA only believes that the below key activity types are critical for food defense.   They dont consider dry bulk a risk. They have essentially done the risk assessment for all possible process and deem these as the ones most critical.    You could include things that don't fit their assessment if you want.    

Ive never used the food defense plan builder -  it just seemed easier to use the manual "template".  it is found here.  

https://www.fda.gov/...113684/download

• Receiving and loading of bulk liquid ingredients / raw materials
  • Liquid storage and handling processes
  • Secondary ingredient handling (any point where dry or liquid ingredients are handled or manipulated)
  • Mixing, grinding, and similar bulk processing activities

when conducting the assessment, the FDA only believes that the below key activity types are critical for food defense. They dont consider dry bulk a risk. They have essentially done the risk assessment for all possible process and deem these as the ones most critical. You could include things that don't fit their assessment if you want.

Ive never used the food defense plan builder - it just seemed easier to use the manual "template". it is found here.
https://www.fda.gov/...113684/download

• Receiving and loading of bulk liquid ingredients / raw materials
  • Liquid storage and handling processes
  • Secondary ingredient handling (any point where dry or liquid ingredients are handled or manipulated)
  • Mixing, grinding, and similar bulk processing activities
Thanks! This has a lot of good information

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Similar Discussion Topics
Inquiry about food safety culture elements Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Engineer | Skilled Confectionery Recipe Developer with QA & Regulatory Expertise Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Food loss and waste policy Is 316 stainless steel necessary as opposed to 304 stainless steel for food-contact surfaces on equipment? Banned and Restricted Food Colors in the UK (FSA) Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food Safety Day 2024 - Prepare for the unexpected HACCP plan for cold smoked trout