What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRCGS Edition 9- Training

Started by , May 23 2023 07:15 PM
4 Replies

If I took a BRC class and was certified for Edition 8 would I need to redo a class for Edition 9? I'm sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm not finding a real clear yes or no. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

If you are a 3rd party auditor, then yes.

Otherwise it is not required.

Gail

IQC - Israel

Hi airwreckarae,

You don't need to complete BRCGS training but it is useful if you are not familiar with the standard.

If you took an Edition 8 class then BRCGS offer Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 9: Conversion for Sites

As the training is £450 + VAT, I personally would spend my money on Issue 9 Key Changes and Interpretation Guideline. BRCGS guidelines may be purchased from the BRCGS Store or viewed online at BRCGS Participate. Here are the store links:

BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 9 Interpretation Guideline

BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 9 Guide to Key Changes

Also Note:

Clause 1.1.9 The site shall have a genuine, original hard copy or electronic version of the current Standard available and be aware of any changes to the Standard or protocol that are published on the BRCGS website.

So you also need to be aware of changes since the publication of Issue 9, these can be found on the BRCGS website here and include Position Statements which BRCGS will issue when they update the requirements of Issue 9.

Kind regards,

Tony

do you have pdf you can send me 

Its always good to get retrained. The training usually tells you all the importance changes so you can take note and wont miss it. Having done the training, I think it was quite helpful.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability BRCGS 5.4.4 - Food Fraud Risk