What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Scope of Certification

Started by , Jun 11 2023 11:02 PM
2 Replies

Hi IFSQN,

We are a food manufacturing company producing mayonnaise based sauces, pesto, dips, antipasto and cheeses. We are planning to get SQF certified and I am in the process of getting quotes from a CB. One question I am stuck at is "list all products within your scope".

We have about 300 different products and about 60% are products (sauces, dips, pesto) and 30% semi processed (olives stuffed with fillings and marinating sundried tomatoes etc) and about 10% are just repacked into small size containers. 

Do I have to include all the products we sell as a finished product in the scope or can I skip any? 

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Regulatory certification Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Scope of Certification product specific Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package?
[Ad]
You list them by category- such as "Mayonaise Based Sauces" etc not by each individual item.
If you not manufacturing some of the items, but are strictly passing them thru your facility you may need (depending on percentage split) to also get another certification for food storage/distribution etc.

Hi dashnishad,

I would give the CB your list of categories: mayonnaise based sauces, pesto, dips, antipasto and cheeses. Might be worth giving them a call to let them know there are 300 products and ask if they want a full list.

I doubt if you need storage and distribution as well unless you have some products that you are just storing on site and then distributing. Repacked products fall into Category 25: SQF Food Safety Code Food Manufacturing, Edition 9 – Food Sector Category 25 Repackaging of Products Not Manufactured on Site

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Regulatory certification Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Scope of Certification product specific Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package? HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification