What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do we need to have signs of alerts for our employees about the risk of processing allergens?

Started by , Jun 14 2023 02:10 PM
2 Replies

good Morning everyone ..

I have a question regarding the Allergens in our process .. We already have our allergens procedures , we have color code identifications for our allergens we use wheat , some colorants and milk derivatives , i mentioned the colors because during an FDA audit the auditor ask me how we control the we have the use of the correct quantity of colorants .. Well .. my question is if we need to have signs of alerts for our employees about the risk of processing allergens , no matter if we have our ingredients identified as allergens , .. is  still necessary to have like an alert in case of any employee breath the allergens.. we handling "wheat flour "

thank you in advance ..

regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite UVC disinfecting products at food processing plants Supplier Performance - How does it affect your supplier's risk score? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Wine Product Facility HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

From a personnel safety perspective I would expect people to be informed about the known allergens your facility handles during the hiring process.  Once they're hired that information is probably repeated when you teach them your GMPs related to proper allergen handling.

You would probably document their acknowledgement of receiving this information for your company's legal protection, and to allow you to take punitive action if they fail to comply with your GMPs.

1 Like2 Thanks

Allergen control program is part of FOOD safety, not H&S. You may give your employees "allergen handling training" as a part of your H&S program.

Similar Discussion Topics
Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite UVC disinfecting products at food processing plants Supplier Performance - How does it affect your supplier's risk score? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Wine Product Facility HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates