What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Yeast and mold limits on food contact surfaces

Started by , Jun 27 2023 06:29 AM
2 Replies

Hi all,

As a quality controller in a sugar mill, I wanted to enquire about the acceptable limits for yeast and mold on food contact surfaces (equipment, cloth, hands etc). I have already found coliform and microbial limits thanks to another thread. I would appreciate solid references and according to which standards you are referring. 

Many thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing
[Ad]

Hi all,

As a quality controller in a sugar mill, I wanted to enquire about the acceptable limits for yeast and mold on food contact surfaces (equipment, cloth, hands etc). I have already found coliform and microbial limits thanks to another thread. I would appreciate solid references and according to which standards you are referring. 

Many thanks in advance.

Assuming these are surfaces related to an RTE product, the Y&M data should presumably be very low. Ideally undetected.

Hi, my suggestion is to first check : 

1. Your country regulation standard Yeast and Mold for RTE

2. Perform cleaning validation to see the trend of microbes after cleaning and after clean equipment retained (clean time) 

3. Set a standard Yeast and Mold standard based on both studies. 

Your food contact surface Yeast and Mold shouldn't higher than Yeast and Mold limit of your finished product. 

Similar Discussion Topics
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing Yeast and Mould Monitoring Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Yeast and Mold APC Limits Mold and Yeast Testing- cmmef 5th 3 & 21 HACCP for Bakers yeast