What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labeling software for checking and verifying labels

Started by , Jul 06 2023 01:40 PM
3 Replies

Hello, 

labeling is not my expertise, and I see around the internet there are plenty of consulting companies who will check labels and help design labels & nutritional panels. 

Does anyone know of an automatic label check?  Where I could just paste text such as ingredient statement, and then the computer could detect allergens , sub ingredient call-outs ...minor things like this?  Anyone know of such a thing?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

That would be incredible if one ever existed.

1 Like

I dont know of any.   I'm not sure how it might know that "natural flavor" contained "X" allergen.   

Some of the nutritional software like ESHA Genesis will create the ingredient statement for you.  But it would still be "garbage in = garbage out".   Even this would not take out all of the human element.    There may be sub-ingredients that you can / would want to remove as they don't have a nutritional or functional effect in the finished product.  

1 Like1 Thank

I dont know of any.   I'm not sure how it might know that "natural flavor" contained "X" allergen.   

Some of the nutritional software like ESHA Genesis will create the ingredient statement for you.  But it would still be "garbage in = garbage out".   Even this would not take out all of the human element.    There may be sub-ingredients that you can / would want to remove as they don't have a nutritional or functional effect in the finished product.  

Oh right, I agree with your statement garbage in = garbage out, and thanks for your insight.  I was just thinking like an extra verification step to highlight allergens already clearly listed on the label.  Like the database could only highlight words that it recognized as known allergens.

Thanks again for the feedback

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation Allergen Labeling Seafood Unrefined oil allergen labeling Retail Labeling Labeling Ready Meals as Bake SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling