What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Swab results CFU instead of MPN

Started by , Jul 10 2023 09:57 PM
2 Replies

I was just entering the results of our environmental swabs and noticed the results are in CFU, but our limits are listen in MPN.

Most of our APC counts are <50 CFU our limits are <25 MPN/cm2 and 25-100MPN/CM2.

I know they can't be converted, but how can it be interrupted? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity ATP Swab Sampling Device Uniform Swab Trend Analysis for EMP - Indicator Organisms Swab Results
[Ad]

I was just entering the results of our environmental swabs and noticed the results are in CFU, but our limits are listen in MPN.

Most of our APC counts are <50 CFU our limits are <25 MPN/cm2 and 25-100MPN/CM2.

I know they can't be converted, but how can it be interrupted? 

Hi Frankie,

It depends on how your above stated APC "cfu" were calculated ?

The unit for a swabbed  APC count is typically cfu/cm2 (ie not solely cfu) in which case the 2 terms involved are presumably interchangeable.

1 Like

Hi Frankie,

It depends on how your above stated APC "cfu" were calculated ?

The unit for a swabbed  APC count is typically cfu/cm2 (ie not solely cfu) in which case the 2 terms involved are presumably interchangeable.

Sorry!  I thought I put  cfu/cm2.  
I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Similar Discussion Topics
Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity ATP Swab Sampling Device Uniform Swab Trend Analysis for EMP - Indicator Organisms Swab Results Hand swab testing Hand Swab test limits Microbiological Air swab Microbiological swab standard for the seafood industry Hygiene Swab and Air Sampling