What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the recommended distance between fly control units?

Started by , Jul 13 2023 10:11 AM
5 Replies

Is there a recommended distance between fly units? I am trying to convince my manager that we need to have a second fly unit in an area. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Recommended LIMS for Trader/Brokerage Company Distance allowed to place containers in the wall Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor
[Ad]

if you still have flies then 1 is not enough

generally speaking, 1 per 40 x 40 room is usually sufficient, anymore square footage than that a 2nd unit is wise

You may also need to consider having more than one if multiple points of entry exist.  One light & glueboard device may be sufficient for 1-2 loading bay doors, but each door after that will drive the need for additional control.

How many are needed will depend a lot on your geography/climate/season and native pest load, as well as the physical layout and construction of your facility.  

We have a fly unit near each roller shutter door. 

Sure the cost is a little extra but it provides extra reassurance that Pest Control is treated properly and reduces the risk of flies bypassing one unprotected door.

We have on at each exterior door. We had to move one during an audit as it was actually 18' from the feed of one of our machines (just put new screws in 2 feet further away!) Power sources are a potential issue with this one. You might have to create new power runs or have them run for you. Our in-house electrician takes care of ours.

In a pharma company, we had one on every just about every wall. I'd say it was overkill xD

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Recommended LIMS for Trader/Brokerage Company Distance allowed to place containers in the wall Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% SQF Requirements - Pest Control