What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are glass beakers for sample collection allowed?

Started by , Jul 17 2023 03:47 PM
3 Replies

Hi Everyone, 

I have a question, can we use glass beakers to collected aseptic and non-sterile samples from our tanks, can it create a problem during audit?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format Distance allowed to place containers in the wall As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck?
[Ad]

I would not advise using glass out on the production floor, better to invest in some non-brittle plastic. If you're sampling for micro testing, standard practice is to use sterile sampling bags (whirlpak brand makes dozens of varieties). Sampling not destined for micro testing (pH, brix, sensory, etc.) can be done in non-sterile containers.

1 Thank

You can do it if you have a glass policy in place. The auditor will challenge the program too. Like brothbro said - better to use something else other than glass. 

1 Thank

"Allowed" is up to you.  Auditors will look for traceability on glass/brittle items taken into the production area, condition monitoring, and response plans if breakage or loss occurs.

You could probably avoid all of that by using a 'soft' plastic collection container instead.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Designing Sample Request Format Distance allowed to place containers in the wall As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? VOC sample Collection SOP Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Glass Registry Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity