What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate?

Started by , Jul 28 2023 05:59 PM
6 Replies

My BRC auditor is not happy with root cause analysis and preventive action. He is good with cooperative actions. I have changed my root cause and preventive action at least 4 times and still, he rejected it. Now, I am told if I do not send a good root at the end of 28 days, We will not get our certificate. 

I have attached a document I found online, what I understood no certificate is provided if corrective actions are not completed on time.

Preventive action and root cause analysis will be assessed in the next audit to confirm if our root cause analysis is effective.

Please help!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry
[Ad]

Sorry, Forgot to do the attachment 

https://www.brcgs.co...aqsjuly2020.pdf

My BRC auditor is not happy with root cause analysis and preventive action. He is good with cooperative actions. I have changed my root cause and preventive action at least 4 times and still, he rejected it. Now, I am told if I do not send a good root at the end of 28 days, We will not get our certificate. 

I have attached a document I found online, what I understood no certificate is provided if corrective actions are not completed on time.

Preventive action and root cause analysis will be assessed in the next audit to confirm if our root cause analysis is effective.

Please help!!

Hi P.Ashat,

Need more info.

Pls inform as to details of yr actual RCA and why was it rejected ?

We had 2 non-compliances 4.6.1, and 4.6.3 purchase specifications and the commissioning run procedure was missing.( new requirements issue 9)

We all missed it. We provided the root cause as it was an oversight by the team.  The preventive action provided was HACCP team will review all the key changes of issue 9 one more time if we have missed any.

Auditor's comment " root cause is not satisfactory".

We had 2 non-compliances 4.6.1, and 4.6.3 purchase specifications and the commissioning run procedure was missing.( new requirements issue 9)

We all missed it. We provided the root cause as it was an oversight by the team.  The preventive action provided was HACCP team will review all the key changes of issue 9 one more time if we have missed any.

Auditor's comment " root cause is not satisfactory".

Root cause:  BRC standard version updates were not included in annual review of food safety and quality programs

Preventative action:  Quality Manager (or trained and qualified designee) will check for BRC version updates on [official website] once in each 3 month period, and if updates have occurred they will be added to food safety and quality team meeting for review, and programs reviewed for compliance and updated where necessary.  If no updates have occurred, this will also be recorded in meeting notes.

Thank you for your help, I did exactly what you wrote. Still my corrective actions were rejected by the auditor. I ended up contacting the certificate Manager in the certification body.  Then certification Manager assigned us new technical reviewer. Same coorective action and root cause got accepted.

Thank you for your help, I did exactly what you wrote. Still my corrective actions were rejected by the auditor. I ended up contacting the certificate Manager in the certification body.  Then certification Manager assigned us new technical reviewer. Same coorective action and root cause got accepted.

Interesting. It means you need to include in the root cause that you will contact certificate manager and seek guidance.

Similar Discussion Topics
Flow Charts and Hazard Analysis Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Microbial environmental air standard & dairy worker hand swab analysis method with standard & dairy equipment like pasteuriser, valve etc swab Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry Determining Root Cause Third party audit certificate redacted SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Calibration Certificate Expiration In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color?