What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP

Started by , Sep 04 2023 05:54 AM
8 Replies
Hi all..
Can you help me to determine the acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP
thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? IFS 3.3.3 - What is acceptable as a training signature?
[Ad]

Hi all..
Can you help me to determine the acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP
thanks

Why do you envisage having significant Bacillus spp in your Environment ?

It is almost impossible to meaningfully respond to yr query without some knowledge of your Product/Process etc ?

1 Like
I'm sorry, I work in the catering and warehousing sector

Why do you envisage having significant Bacillus spp in your Environment ?

It is almost impossible to meaningfully respond to yr query without some knowledge of your Product/Process etc ?

I'm sorry, I work in the catering and warehousing sector

No problem, IMEX Bacillus spp is not a particularly common environmental contaminant of interest within food processing facilities hence my query in Post 2. The most well-known (food pathogen) species in this genus is B.cereus.

No problem, IMEX Bacillus spp is not a particularly common environmental contaminant of interest within food processing facilities hence my query in Post 2. The most well-known (food pathogen) species in this genus is B.cereus.

ok thanks but what is the limit for bacillus cereus ?

Hi suhaibalbadawi97,

I wouldn’t be getting hung up on Bacillus cereus, usually simply swabbing for indicators using a TVC and Enterobactericeae test are sufficient. I would also include Y&M’s if a product is susceptible to them.

Have a look at this guidance posted by Food Standards Scotland - Environmental Swabbing, I think you will find it useful.

“In a high proportion of cases a total count of aerobic mesophiles (TCAM, also commonly called a total viable count [TVC] or most simply a total count) is a suitable indicator. Using TCAM as an indicator is one of the cheapest tests offered by the testing lab, if a pour plate methodology is used.”

Other common indicators include Enterobacteriaceae - See Table 2 Recommendations and guidance for clean environmental surfaces. Criterium:

≤10 cfu/cm² for TCAM (TVC)

≤1 cfu/cm² for the Enterobactericeae

Kind regards,

Tony

[quote name="Tony-C" post="198863" timestamp="1693883890"]

Hi suhaibalbadawi97,

I wouldn’t be getting hung up on Bacillus cereus, usually simply swabbing for indicators using a TVC and Enterobactericeae test are sufficient. I would also include Y&M’s if a product is susceptible to them.

Have a look at this guidance posted by Food Standards Scotland - Environmental Swabbing, I think you will find it useful.

“In a high proportion of cases a total count of aerobic mesophiles (TCAM, also commonly called a total viable count [TVC] or most simply a total count) is a suitable indicator. Using TCAM as an indicator is one of the cheapest tests offered by the testing lab, if a pour plate methodology is used.”

Other common indicators include Enterobacteriaceae - See Table 2 Recommendations and guidance for clean environmental surfaces. Criterium:

Kind regards,

Tony[/quote

thanks tony 👋]

[quote name="Tony-C" post="198863" timestamp="1693883890"]

Hi suhaibalbadawi97,

Kind regards,

Tony[/quote

thanks tony ]

Of course, depending on precisely what is in the unknown environment ++, Pathogens could also be involved in the EMPG,

Similar Discussion Topics
Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant? IFS 3.3.3 - What is acceptable as a training signature? Is a signature stamp acceptable for use in the food safety plan? Standard Plate Count acceptable results Acceptable Peroxide Values in Palm Free Stabilizer Color deviation acceptable range Is Religious Jewelry Acceptable?