What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

USDA and Duck Hazards

Started by , Sep 06 2023 05:44 PM
1 Reply

Double checking: Does the USDA call out any hazards for duck that are different than chicken or turkey - processing wise, not slaughter. 

I assume not, but I've made assumptions before(used common sense) that were incorrect. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products USDA notification Withdrawals Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA
[Ad]

So far as I can tell, duck is poultry in their eyes:

Meat and Poultry Hazards and Controls Guide (usda.gov)

In their information to the public they call out duck and turkey separately because they're purchased less frequently, but the hazards at the consumer level remain the same as poultry:

Duck and Goose from Farm to Table | Food Safety and Inspection Service (usda.gov)

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products USDA notification Withdrawals Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA USDA Labeling Evaluation Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product USDA COA or COCs requirements USDA Permit to ship non-denatured inedible meat byproducts Is ham and cheese croissant under FDA or USDA jurisdiction?