What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Environmental Monitoring risk assesment

Started by , Sep 11 2023 10:24 AM
5 Replies

Good day members,

I am busy implementing the environmental monitoring from the V6 additional requirements. I need to do a risk assessment but I need to know which decision tree I can use? I have a decision tree which determines PRP, OPRP or CCP, which is used with our Hazzard Analysis. Can I use this?

I would like to make the environmental monitoring risk assessment a separate document from the hazard analysis, would it be the correct thing to do? 

If anyone could assist me, I would really appreciate it. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
IFS V8 5.6.2 - Environmental Monitoring Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility
[Ad]

Greetings Jeandrelee,

Environmental monitoring risk assessment is separate from Hazard Analysis. It doesn't identify possible dangers (biological, chemical, physical, allergens) but rather it already takes into account that there are biological risks and it "asks" you to determine through a risk assessment the critical areas of possible contamination and frequency of checks for said parameters (mainly TVC and Molds).

Regards!

1 Like1 Thank

Hi

you can use below guide to implement EMP (risk based approach)

FSSC-22000-Guidance-Document-on-Environmental-Monitoring-V1.pdf

Best Regards

Farshad

1 Like2 Thanks

Hi

Best Regards

Farshad

Thank you Farshad, that is useful.

I did notice that cleaning equipment was not included in the items to monitor  :uhm:  A major omission IMO.

Kind regards,

Tony

Yes you are right . As it is a guide the user should include it.

Hi

Best Regards

Farshad

Hi farshad,

Thks for the link. It's a useful overview but, typically for generic oriented systems, it contains limited quantitative data and no detailed case examples of actual situations. Also seems unaware that some species of E.coli are (famously) pathogenic. Various practical EMPG programs are compiled elsewhere on this Forum,

PS - The link's Ref. contains a quite interesting compilation of micro.Guidelines for surfaces which I have extracted below. Includes a rare suggestion for Y&M count limit. Some of the APC values are IMEX extremely optimistic.

Some Micro. Guidelines for Cleaned and Disinfected Surfaces,2021.pdf   244.88KB   129 downloads

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
IFS V8 5.6.2 - Environmental Monitoring Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Environmental Monitoring for a plastics packaging facility Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring Environmental Swabbing Matrix Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity