What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

USDA notification Withdrawals

Started by , Oct 16 2023 06:31 PM
3 Replies
Hi everyone- I am getting mixed responses and CFR is not that detailed. In the even of a market withdrawal (i.e. example we don’t like a color of pepperoni)no food safety issue. is it required to notify USDA?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

I would say yes.  Always a good idea to notify the relevant authorities and parties in any circumstance.

1 Like

Hi Esoto728,

I’m not sure that this withdrawal would extend to the need for a notice, more of a discussion initially:

Title 21 Food and Drugs Subpart A—General Provisions § 7.46 Firm-initiated recall.

A firm that initiates a removal or correction of its product which the firm believes is a market withdrawal should consult with the appropriate Food and Drug Administration district office when the reason for the removal or correction is not obvious or clearly understood but where it is apparent, e.g., because of complaints or adverse reactions regarding the product, that the product is deficient in some respect. In such cases, the Food and Drug Administration will assist the firm in determining the exact nature of the problem.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanks Tony!

Similar Discussion Topics
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA USDA Labeling Evaluation USDA and Duck Hazards Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product USDA COA or COCs requirements USDA Permit to ship non-denatured inedible meat byproducts Is ham and cheese croissant under FDA or USDA jurisdiction?